COVID-19 Policy/Procedures Update
Hours and Emergencies Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are postponing all routine eye care. We want to assure you that we are here for you as your eye care providers. If you have a pressing need to be seen by one of our doctors, we will do everything that we can to see you.
Dr. Michelle Meyer is on call for emergency appointments. Cell: 402-319-7969.
Temporary Hours Monday – Friday: 11am – 6 pm BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Our team is available to discuss, by telephone, your situation and together we can determine whether you should be seen now or if it is OK to postpone your appointment. As always, you are encouraged to reach out to us with any questions. You can call or text us. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, or if you have any questions regarding whether you should be seen immediately, please contact us as soon as possible and we will help triage your symptoms and recommend a course of action.
- Vision Loss
- Pain, Redness or Sensitivity to Light
- Flashes of Light/Floaters or Dark Spot in your Vision
- Double Vision
- Sudden Drooping of Eyelid
- Lost or Broken Eyewear/Out of Contact Lenses
We also want to reassure you of the precautions we are taking for the health and safety of our patients, doctors, staff, and community.
- Prior to scheduling ANY appointments, all calls will be screened for established risk factors of COVID-19.
- We are asking that you do not bring guests or family members with you to our office. Please have them wait in the car.
- We continue to sterilize, sanitize and disinfect all touchpoints in our office throughout the day and all equipment, patient areas, and frames after every use and between all patients.
- We are shipping all contact lens orders and most eyeglass orders directly to you at no additional cost for shipping to limit the number of patients in our office.
This is a team effort and you are a part of our team! Let’s all do our part. If you or anyone in your household has any respiratory symptoms, a fever, a cough or has had them within the past 14 days please do not come into our office. Give us a call and we will get you rescheduled. We understand that this is constantly changing and we will do our best to stay ahead of the curve to keep our team, our patients and our community safe.